Stewardship Fundamentals - part of the ICGN Certificate in Governance, Stewardship & Sustainability
About the event
This one day programme will focus on Stewardship Fundamentals and is part of the ICGN’s newly launched Governance, Stewardship and Sustainability accredited course.
The course will take place at the University of Toronto Myhal Centre for Engineering Innovation and Entrepreneurship on the 22 June 2023, from 09:00 - 17:30 EST followed by an ICGN reception with our faculty and partners in accreditation, Bryant University.
You can view the agenda here.
On completing this module learners should be able to:
- Articulate the purpose of stewardship and connect it to fiduciary duty, sustainability and day to day decision making
- Employ stewardship best practices principles in the design and implementation of a stewardship programme (both for investors and companies)
- Differentiate between differing approaches to ESG investing and analyse the use of ESG data and ratings
- Develop and implement stewardship programmes that involve a coordinated approach to monitoring, voting and engagement
- Evaluate the strengths, weaknesses, evidence and ongoing challenges regarding healthy and meaningful stewardship activity.
If you have any queries about the course please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
For our registration terms and conditions click here
22 June 2023 - Stewardship Fundamentals09:00 - 17:30Day module
- Introduction: what is stewardship and what is its purpose?
- Components of stewardship
- ESG and investment decision making
- Effective stewardship in practice: monitoring and engagement
- Effective stewardship in practice: voting and reporting
- VW case study