ICGN Governance, Stewardship & Sustainability Course - February 2023
About the event
This training course will be taking place on the 14, 16 & 21 February 2023, from 13:00 - 15:30 GMT, running in three 2.5 hour webinars.
The Governance, Stewardship and Sustainability course gives investment professionals, company managers, investor relations officers, corporate directors and other governance professionals what they need to know about the theoretical, empirical and especially practical aspects of integrating ESG into investor and company decision-making. The structure and content of this substantially-updated course reflect the accelerating pace of developments.
This will be delivered in three approximately 2.5 hour sessions over the course of a week. The webinar format provides course participants the opportunity for live interaction with the instructors and other participants. See feedback from past attendees.
Participants of this course will receive a complimentary copy of the newly released ‘Governance, Stewardship & Sustainability; Second Edition’, written by course leaders George Dallas and Mike Lubrano.
If you have any queries about the course please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
For our registration terms and conditions click here
14 February 2023 - Theory and practice of governance, stewardship and sustainability13:00 - 15:30Session 1
Module 1: Theory and practice of Stewardship and Sustainability
- What is Investor Stewardship?
- Stewardship codes
- ICGN Global Stewardship Principles
- The business case for Stewardship and Sustainability
Module 2: Corporate Governance and Sustainability
- The diversity of corporate governance models and frameworks
- Corporate Governance as an ecosystem
- The governance of Sustainability
- Corporate Governance and performance
Module 3: Managing Stewardship responsibilities
- Fiduciary duties
- The investment chain and the Stewardship ecosystem
- Investor governance and stewardship
Whose company is it anyway? Poll of participants: Where do they identify themselves on the shareholder vs. stakeholder governance spectrum?
Before Session 2:
Review the Materials, Slides and Video: Vornado Realty Trust: ESG Standards and Assurance in Practice
16 February 2023 - Strategic ESG analysis and integration in investment decision-making13:00 - 15:30Session 2
Module 4: Implementing Stewardship
- Investment objectives and the rationale for ESG integration
- Approaches to incorporating ESG into investment decision-making
- Bringing ESG analysis into the investment process
- Policy, processes, resources and outcomes
Vornado Realty Trust Breakout group discussion
Module 5: How to conduct an ESG analysis of a company
- The Financial Rationale for Incorporating ESG into Valuation
- Applying Sources of ESG data, ratings and measurement: (“G”)
- Applying Sources of ESG data, ratings and measurement: (“E” & “S”)
- Taking sector and industry factors into account in ESG risk assessment
Before Session 3:
Review the Case, Slides and Video: Introduction to the Volkswagen Case
21 February 2023 - Stewardship in action: monitoring, voting, engagement and reporting13:00 - 15:30Session 3
Module 6: Effective Stewardship in practice: monitoring, engaging, voting and reporting
- Stewardship and engagement
- Grounding engagement priorities in investment considerations
- Planning and implementing engagement: strategy, tactics and tools
- Share voting: objectives and execution
- Stewardship reporting
Volkswagen Case Study Breakout group discussion