Many individuals and organisations have contributed to the development of the Model Mandate, and we are very grateful to all of them for their input and support. In particular, we would like to express our thanks to:
• The GISD Alliance and ICGN secretariats for coordinating the overall process of developing the Model Mandate, and in the case of the ICGN secretariat for producing the published version and the resources on the ICGN website;
• The GISD working group on long term incentives chaired by Claudia Kruse and Magnus Billing, the ICGN policy team and the ICGN Global Stewardship Committee for their advice throughout the process;
• Chris Hodge for creating the draft of the updated Model Mandate, consulting with stakeholders and acting as editor-in-chief;
• Guus Warringa and Mica Cocco from Grant & Eisenhofer (www.gelaw.com) for their invaluable assistance in preparing the draft clauses;
• Toby Belson, Diba Ahour and their colleagues at PRI for their advice and for the many useful resources that PRI has published which are referenced in the Model Mandate;
• All ICGN and GISD Alliance members who attended round table discussions on the scope and purpose of the Model Mandate and commented on earlier drafts; and
• Trio Offset for designing the final publication.
We would also like to acknowledge the work of the ICGN Working Group that produced the seminal 2012 ICGN Model Mandate being Ebba Schmidt, Paul Lee, Keith Johnson, Richard Fuller and Valborg Lie. The revisions in this updated Model Mandate draw heavily on their original drafting and which was developed in consultation with ICGN Members worldwide.
Special thanks to the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency for providing financial support and to the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs for facilitating the work.